Thursday, November 10, 2011

Green Bean Casserole

Only two weeks till Thanksgiving! Dave and I have a Thanksgiving potluck dinner with friends this weekend, and the dish I always bring is green bean casserole. It's a very basic recipe given to me by my mother (who probably got it from the back of a can of cream of mushroom soup or something).

Yeah, my casserole doesn't look that pretty when it's done...
Mom's Green Bean Casserole
3/4 cup of milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 - 14.5 oz cans of French cut green beans (drained)
2/3 cup French fried onions for mixing into the casserole
2/3 cup French fried onions to serve on top of the cooked casserole
  • Mix the first four ingredients together in an 8x8 dish
  • Cook at 350° for 30 minutes
  • Garnish cooked casserole with the remaining French fried onions
I've seen some recipes with 1/8 tsp pepper and/or 1 tsp of soy sauce added to the mix as well!

This year's special ingredient: Cheddar French Fried Onions!

No comments: