Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Finally Finished Project

I could have called this post "No-Sew Valances," which is a great description, but it is extremely boring as a title. Since I cut the fabric for this project last summer and just now got around to actually completing it, I believe that it has earned the title of "The Finally Finished Project."


I took advantage of one of my free days (thanks to the summer four-day work week) to get the ironing board out and use some "Fusible Bonding Web" to baste the raw edges (instead of having to hem them with the sewing machine). Usually, when I get a project idea in my head, the final product isn't nearly as nice as what I had in mind. I must admit that I am very happy with my valances. As my mother said, they make my playroom look a bit classier. On a more practical note, the dark fabric blocks more of the intense summer sunlight than the khaki tab curtains alone. That helps keep the temperature at a more comfortable level so that I can still *play* in my playroom during July and August.

No comments: