I woke up on my day off to the sound of the lawn guys doing their thing outside my window. So much for plan A, which was to uproot the psycho bush next to the garage. I foraged around the house for a project and found this birdfeeder kit my mother had given me when I moved in a year ago.
Since that small project only kept me busy for so long, I started looking through the weekly ads and stumbled upon my project for the afternoon on sale at the local office supply store. I have a very similar bookshelf, purchased from the same store, which I use as a nightstand on one side of the bed. On the other side of the bed, a giant green Rubbermaid tote has served as the other nightstand for the past year. This tote is well-loved since I used it to lug stuff back and forth between my parents' house and the dorm during college.
I was fascinated by the bookshelf, which advertised itself as a "No Tool" kit. Every bookshelf I have ever assembled required at lease a hammer to nail the faux-woodgrain cardboard to the back of the shelving unit. I don't know how to explain the assembly process, but it truly did not require a single tool to create the sturdy unit that *almost* matches the other shelf/nightstand. As long as no one looks too closely at them or puts the shelves side-by-side, they shouldn't notice that they are not exactly identical.
No comments:
Post a Comment