Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My Favorite Book

I was a bit of a bookworm growing up, but my favorite was a beat-up hardcover copy of "The Neverending Story" I discovered at the local library. As I read, I wished I could be Bastian and find a book that would take me into a fantastical new world. As an adult, I bought the paperback version and I received the DVD as a gift. The DVD does not do the book justice, mostly because of the fact that it only deals with the first part of the book. Bastian's adventures in Fantastica (renamed Fantasia in the movie) and his journey back to his own world are the subject of the second half of the novel. For more discrepancies between the book and the movie, check out this link.
Randomly searching around the internet, I found out that "The Neverending Story" was published the year before I was born. I also discovered that the German author, Michael Ende, passed away in 1995 from cancer.
And the reason behind my sudden desire to blog about my all-time favorite story? I found a couple of cute Falcor the Luckdragon lols online...


1 comment:

LibraryDiva said...

So I'm reading this damned book and the Falkor of the movie is much, MUCH uglier than the description in the book. All it says is that he has the face of a lion with ruby-red eyeballs, and scales of mother-of-pearl instead of fur with a silky white mane.