Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Birthday Musings

The great thing about my birthday is that 4 times out of 7, it falls on the Friday through Monday of Memorial Day weekend. The odds are pretty good that I can stretch my birthday into an entire weekend.

This year, my birthday happened to fall on Sunday, and my coworkers managed to stretch it out a couple of days more. I walked into the Admission Office this morning and laughed out loud when I saw my desk.

I had previously commented that my office is untouchable since my desk is in the main Admission Office. This is the first area a visiting prospective student will see upon entering the building (which is really a trailer, but I digress...). Since some visitors have a tendency to show up unannounced, the front office must be presentable at all times. My coworkers figured their way around that by confining their decorations to my desktop. Being the neat freak that I am, it took me forever to unwrap all of my birthday "presents"--everything on my desk from my keyboard to my tissue box to my coaster was wrapped in toilet paper! And for an added bonus, the swaddled desktop items were sprinked with confetti. I even got my own bubble wrap "Happy Birthday" mat to roll over in my chair all day.


No comments: