Thursday, December 22, 2011

Peace, Joy, and Soap!

It all started while searching Pinterest for co-worker gift ideas... I liked the idea of taking something practical like hand soap and crafting it into something gift-worthy.  I started out with the idea of something simple, maybe with a little silver bell bling.  Then I found the most brilliant idea yet--transparency film inside the soap bottle!  For those of you who know me well, you understand how hard it was to use MarthaStewart.com for anything, but she had the best free monograms I could find for this project.  Add a cheesy little saying in a homemade card and PRESTO!  Co-worker Christmas presents are done!

Clear hand soap $0.89 each, Snowflake stickers $1.29,
Silver ribbon $0.74, Decorative bells $1.00
Transparency copy $0.10,
Labor to remove soap labels FREE (but my poor fingernails!)
Cutting the transparency to the right size for a circular bottle was a pain.
Next time I'll find rectangular soap bottles!
These bells were the best find at Dollar Tree!
I just had to restring them onto silver ribbon.
The stickers were originally going on the soap bottles, but they made cute
cards instead with the added bling from leftover wedding craft supplies!
All bagged up to go to work--I love the snowflake stickers on top!
And the biggest compliment? My boss thought I'd bought them somewhere!

No comments: