Sunday, January 23, 2011

Game Day Knits

For today's Bears game, I tossed a brand new ball of yarn into my knitting bag to keep my hands busy so I could sit still through the entire game. The yarn color is called "Bronze Blue" and will go well with my friend's lavender and tan nursery.

I cast on a baby bib when we arrived at Bobby G's around 1:00 pm, and by the time the game started at 3:00, I had about 30 rows finished.
At halftime, all 64 rows of the front of the bib were done, and I was starting on the straps. A lot of this was frustrated knitting (yes, I was actually paying attention to the Bears game!).
When the fourth quarter ended, I had finished the bib completely and done about an inch of the matching burp cloth. Unfortunately the Bears lost, but on the bright side, this baby set is going to be adorable when I finish it up!

No comments: