Sadly, my former employer announced its intention to close its doors yesterday due to lack of funds to complete the semester. I am grateful to SCC for teaching me the workplace skills that helped me secure the position I have now at RMA, and my time there will always hold a special place in my heart. A special shout out to the Trailer 2 crew--Fr. Higgins, Erin, Foster, Hector, Tony, and all of the work study students who kept me company in the main office!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Closing Doors
I took the job as Admissions Coordinator at Southern Catholic College in October 2007 to be a part of the first Catholic residential college in Georgia. It was my first post-teaching step in the direction of figuring out what I wanted to be when I grew up (something I still have not figured out, but I hope and pray I'm getting closer to the answer!)
Sadly, my former employer announced its intention to close its doors yesterday due to lack of funds to complete the semester. I am grateful to SCC for teaching me the workplace skills that helped me secure the position I have now at RMA, and my time there will always hold a special place in my heart. A special shout out to the Trailer 2 crew--Fr. Higgins, Erin, Foster, Hector, Tony, and all of the work study students who kept me company in the main office!
Sadly, my former employer announced its intention to close its doors yesterday due to lack of funds to complete the semester. I am grateful to SCC for teaching me the workplace skills that helped me secure the position I have now at RMA, and my time there will always hold a special place in my heart. A special shout out to the Trailer 2 crew--Fr. Higgins, Erin, Foster, Hector, Tony, and all of the work study students who kept me company in the main office!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear that. I hate it for the students who were there.
Post a Comment