Monday, August 24, 2009

That's A Wrap!

"It is a peculiarity of knitters that they chronically underestimate the amount of time it takes to knit something."
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

This past Christmas, I had finished about two inches of a tote bag that was supposed to be my mother's Christmas present. I knit another inch or so after Christmas, and then decided that I did not like how that particular yarn looked as a tote bag. So I ripped it up and found a pattern for a shawl that used that particular yarn. I finished knitting late this spring, then finally got around to weaving in the ends back in June. Last month, I presented the finished Christmas present to my mother as a birthday present at our monthly PINS meeting. She loved her shawl, which she has watched through its various stages of creation.


After all, it's the thought behind the gift that counts, not the fact that it's seven months late.

"I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

No comments: