Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Pass the Kleenex
I belong to a book club, and when we meet, some people bring old books off of their shelves to share. That is how I came to have a copy of Nicholas Sparks' "At First Sight" in my possession. But before I began to read, I discovered that there was a prequel. Off I went to the library to pick up a copy.
Before either of these novels, the only Nicholas Sparks book I had read was the autobiography "Three Weeks With My Brother." I cried a little for that one, but the Sparks brothers have had enough tragedy in their life that I feel justified, and I only went through a couple of tissues.
I finished "True Believer" in about a week, and I was very proud of myself for making it through without crying. I figured that his books weren't the sob-fests that I had feared.
Then I read the sequel, which I finished last night. Let's just say that I did not expect the ending. I was sobbing through the last two chapters. I'm so glad I wasn't reading the ending at work or the gym because I was an emotional mess! When I finished, I had to call my mom, and she helped to calm me down. I was fine till a storm woke me up at 3:00 am this morning, and I started thinking about the ending again. I soaked another tissue (and my pillow) before I was able to fall back asleep.
I think I need a break before I attempt another Nicholas Sparks book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Speaking of Nicholas Sparks...I'm almost done reading 'The Notebook.' Want it????
Post a Comment